The Ohio Historical Society has announced that, due to further funding cuts from the state, they will furlough employees and close specified sites for the week of March 28 – April 3. The sites that will be closed are:
- Ohio Historical Center, including the Archives/Library (Columbus)
- Adena Mansion & Gardens (Chillicothe)
- Armstrong Air & Space Museum (Wapakoneta)
- Campus Martius Museum (Marietta)
- Dunbar House (Dayton)
- Fort Ancient (Oregonia)
- Fort Meigs (Perrysburg)
- Harding Home (Marion)
- National Afro-American Museum (Wilberforce)
- Piqua Historical Area (Piqua)
- Wahkeena (Lancaster)
- Youngstown Historical Center of Industry & Labor (Youngstown)
- All history-related services, such as the Ohio Historic Preservation Office
The Archives/Library will re-open on Saturday, April 4.
The announcement on the OHS website (http://www.ohiohistory.org/sn/010509.html) states that sites managed by OHS partners are not affected. People are urged to check the OHS website for the days and hours of operation for all OHS locations before visiting.