In this episode of Genealogy Weekly, we covered a resource for Masons in Michigan, two resources for the Carlisle Indian School, and a database for the Ohio Soldiers and Sailors Orphans Home.
Links and show notes are below the video.
Michigan Masons: Deaths
- From Transactions and Proceedings of the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons of the State of Michigan
- Indexed by Kris Rzepczynski and available on his site as a PDF
- Includes entries from Transactions and Proceedings 1930-1938 (deaths 1929-1937). More years will be added
- Entries include name; date of death; lodge name, number, and location; and year of the Transactions
Carlisle Indian School (starts at 2:53)
- Carlisle Indian School Digital Resource Center at Dickinson College
- Student Files
- Lists & Rosters
- Other Resources
- Carlisle Indian School Students Database at Gettysburg College
- Downloadable Excel file with more than 12,000 entries from various Carlisle Indian School publications (newspapers, etc.)
Ohio Soldiers and Sailors Orphans Home (starts at 9:26)
- Compiled by the Greene County Public Library
- Abstracted from the Applications for Admission
- One or both parents might still have been alive, just unable to provide for the child
- Search by surname (rather than full name) to find siblings
You can find past episodes of Genealogy Weekly, along with all of the show notes and links, here.