Lots of news in genealogy this week! Here are some of the biggest news items. (Links below the video). Big news involves 23andMe, Swedish records on MyHeritage, HistoryPin, and a special birthday.
23andMe Wins FDA Approval for Health Screening
- 23andMe announced that they have received FDA approval to resume direct-to-consumer DNA health screenings, including “carrier testing” for 36 diseases
- Price doubled to $199
- Official announcement on 23andMe’s blog
- Report on BusinessInsider
MyHeritage Launches 46 Million Swedish Records
- Sweden Household Examination Books, covering 1880 to 1920
- Details on the MyHeritage English blog
Updates to HistoryPin
- Improved searching of pins and collections
- Collections now open and collaborative
- Improved image uploader
- Video available on the HistoryPin homepage
NOTE: Watch for a post here about the new version of HistoryPin! I can’t wait to try this out!
Happy 30th Birthday to the Family History Library!
- FHL in Salt Lake City celebrates its 30th birthday on 23 October
- Announcement on the FamilySearch blog
RootsTech Registration Giveaway Ending Soon
- RootsTech gave me a 3-day registration to RootsTech 2016 to giveaway
- You must enter by 11:45pm ET on 25 October 2015
- Click here for details and to register